DART 50th ANNIVERSARY
2010 marked Dart Container Corporation’s 50th Anniversary.
As we look back over the past 50 years and see how dramatically the foodservice industry has changed in response to customer demands, we’re grateful that we, too, have been able to respond to those demands by offering an ever-expanding line of quality products while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
Reaching a milestone like this is possible only if a company has had the support of many different people and organizations throughout its history. We are indeed fortunate to have received a great deal of support from a number of sources - among whom four in particular were singled out for special recognition.
EMPLOYEES. We hosted two special celebration events at all of our production facilities and offices worldwide. These events were designed to thank our employees for their past and ongoing contributions to our longevity and success. Every employee received a commemorative gift in honor of the occasion.
CUSTOMERS. Our sales personnel paid tribute to our distributors and customers who have played a key role in Dart’s growth over the last half-century.
LOCAL COMMUNITIES. The cities and towns in which our facilities are located have worked closely with us in many ways. In continuing to give back to these communities, special grants were awarded to them during 2010.
VENDORS. We are fortunate to have a network of vendors and suppliers with whom we’ve enjoyed long-term relationships, and were able to recognize them in 2010 for their partnership.
As a family-owned company with the third generation of Darts currently at the helm, we fully understand the importance of constantly striving to be better at what we do. Toward that end, we are committed to exploring new market opportunities and developing new products that will meet the needs of customers in the future. With the continued support of our employees, customers, communities and vendors, we have great confidence that we will remain the “Industry Standard of Excellence” for decades to come.
In honor of its 50th Anniversary, in 2010 Dart Container Corporation made 50 grants in the communities that serve as homes to its production facilities and offices.
Grants were made to K-12 public and private schools and nonprofit organizations to purchase equipment and advance programs related to science, technology, engineering and math.
Each of the 50 grants was for $5,000 for a total of $250,000.
50TH ANNIVERSARY GRANTS ~ 50 grants for 50 years in business ~ $5,000 each
Dart Corporate Offices, Mason, Michigan
- Friends of Fenner Nature Center, Lansing, MI: “Earth Scientist for a Day”
- Mason High School, Mason, MI: Applied Technology Department
- South Side Community Coalition, Lansing, MI: Computers for youth programs
- Information Technology Empowerment Center, Lansing, MI: “Science of Game Design”
- Holt Public Schools, Holt, MI: “No Child Left Inside”--Dimondale Outdoor Discovery Center
- Lancaster Science Factory, Lancaster, PA: Math Midway Traveling Exhibit
- Crispus Attucks Community Center, Lancaster, PA: “Science for a Happy Life”
- Ephrata High School, Ephrata, PA: Physics lab equipment
- Conestoga Valley High School, Lancaster, PA: Digital Microscopes
- Warwick High School, Lititz, PA: Technology Education Department
Horse Cave, Kentucky
- Hart County High School, Munfordville, KY: Technology for literacy improvements
- Cub Run Elementary School, Cub Run, KY: Technology for literacy improvements
- North Jackson Elementary School, Glasgow, KY: Robotics kits
- Hart County 4-H, Munfordville, KY: Science, Engineering and Technology program
- Corona Fundamental Intermediate School, Corona, CA: Computer Equipment
- Letha Raney Intermediate School, Corona, CA: Science Fair
- Corona High School, Corona, CA: Wireless Technology for Science Classrooms
- Palmer Elementary School, Palmer, TX: Science materials
- Austin Elementary School Ennis, TX: Interactive science lab
- Avalon Independent School District, Avalon, TX: Microbiology equipment
- Technical Education School No. 1, Belen De Escobar, Buenos Aires: Equipment and materials
- Kindergarten No. 924, City of President Derquit, District of Pilar, Buenos Aires: Books and furniture
- Indigenous Preschool Education Center, Atlacomulco, MX: Building improvements
- Juan Escutia, Atlacomulco, MX: Restrooms and fence
- Lansvale Public School, Canley Vale: Technology Improvements
- Smithfield West Public School, New South Wales: Science, Technology and Math Materials
- Kent Public School: Smartboard Technology
- Hillcrest Public School: Science Materials
Dart Container Sales Company (DCSC), Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Pinewood Elementary School, North Lauderdale, FL: Science and math materials
- Hollywood Park Elementary School, Hollywood, FL: Science materials
- Arabia Mountain High School, Lithonia, GA: WeatherBug station
- Fernbank Science Center, Atlanta, GA: Technology equipment
- World of Wonders Science Museum, Lodi, CA: Field trips for Lodi students
- Madison Elementary, Stockton, CA: Science Olympiad
North Aurora, Illinois
- Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy, Aurora, IL: Programs for local students
- Washington Middle School, Aurora, IL: Math and science equipment
- Owensboro Museum of Science and History, Owensboro, KY: Public microscopes
- Trinity High School, Whitesville, KY: Technology equipment
Plant City, Florida
- Burney Elementary School, Plant City, FL: Interactive white boards
- Walden Lake Elementary School, Plant City, FL: Technology equipment
- Quitman High School, Quitman, MS: Document cameras
- Beat Four School, Waynesboro, MS: New computers
Randleman, North Carolina
- City of Randleman, North Carolina: Playground improvements
- Hospice of Randolph County: New construction
Tijuana, Mexico (Two grants combined)
- Ignacio Manuel Altamirano, Tijuana, MX: School construction
- Michael T. Simmons Elementary School, Tumwater, WA: Technology equipment
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Thurston County, Tumwater, WA: Club Tech
- Huntington Primary School, West Midlands, UK: Outdoor Math environments
- Deanery CE Primary School, West Midlands, UK: Technology equipment